Senior Product Designer
Sopra Banking Software is the partner of choice for more than 1,500 financial institutions worldwide.
The rich variety of our software, the strength of our conviction and our passion for innovation enable us to support our clients on a daily basis and in their projects, as well as in their goals regarding financial inclusion.
Our customers, based in over 80 countries around the world, benefit every day from our technologies and software, as well as the expertise of our 5,000 employees.
Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development. With more than 46,000 employees, the Sopra Steria Group generated a turnover of €4.3 billion in 2020.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram or visit www.soprabanking.com
Within SBS, the NEO Global Business Unit is in charge of developing, commercializing and operating the Digital Banking Suite (DBS), ie. the front-end customer-facing engagement products (web, mobile, other digital channels).
NEO is one of the most strategic initiatives of SBS and thus will benefit from a very substantial program of investments in the next few years. We are looking for a senior product designer to create a great user experience by developing an understanding of end users' problems and designing approaches to address those. Senior product designers work on both the presentation and interactivity of a product.
As a senior product designer, you will work closely with product managers, product marketing, central design team and other stakeholders to deliver the best user experience within your remit. A senior product designer’s work has a big impact on our products and on evangelising design in our organisation.
On a daily basis you will:
- manage, coach and mentor product designers within your team alongside their squad lead
- Help to recruit, hire, onboard, coach and mentor a small team of product designers
- Implement, promote and continuously improve a strong design process & practices with all partners and designers
- Implement, promote and continuously improve design process & practices along side the central design team
- Implement central design guidelines to meet overall Design standards and strategy
- Specialize in a product area associated with the Squad and work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term design tactics for that product
- Able to strike the balance between strategic blue sky thinking and more tactical approach and from concept all the way down to hands on smaller scope of work
- Support in planning process and establishing the right level of deliverable and design required to meet the product vision within your remit
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with other designers, product managers, product marketing, product owners, and other key stakeholders to ensure product releases scope is well defined and clear
- Establish research strategy adapted to each case and liaise with central design team to plan large strategic discovery activities
- Support in Introducing user testing within sprint planning when relevant
- Ensure the team sets a high-quality bar for their work while establishing the trade off with meeting delivery timescale
- Ensure designers can deliver their work efficiently and effectively
- Contribute to our growing design system while remaining brand aligned and consistent, and ensuring we can deliver at pace and elevate design to a more strategic place within the organisation
- Help designers Plan & Deliver designs — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, or designs
- Be hands on and strengthen design deliverable by delivering your own designs from time to time to fill gaps in product designer experience or when deliverable are more complex
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the company leadership & key stakeholders in design, product management, marketing, engineering
- Collaborate with central design team to develop and expand design systems
- Collaborate with central user research team (part of central design team) when extensive user research is required
- Work in collaboration with Product Managers and central design team to create roadmaps, define OKRs, and understand key priorities.
We’re interested in hearing from you, if:
- You are a strong practitioner
- You’ve designed for world-class platform products before—preferably in the financial services space
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to deliver efficiently
- You have experience designing and delivering complex products
- You have experience balancing creative / analytical design goals and making product and design trade-offs
- You have an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You’ve worked with multi-disciplinary design teams on projects from discovery through to delivery
- You have worked with design systems and their use in a fast-paced product delivery environment
- You have a strong understanding of lean and agile methodologies
- 1-3 years as a senior product designer or equivalent in a fast-paced product design environment
- 5+ years of experience in Design
- Design-related degree or ability to show how other degree relates to role.
- You are eager to understand our organisation using design to solve customer and business problems.
- Experience with Miro, Figma, Zeroheight, Protopie, Axure, Optimal Workshop, Lookback, Adobe CC.
- You are preferably fluent in another language: French, German or Arabic.
Call JOSEPHINE TIPPETT
at the number: 00971564040903