Sopra Banking Software is the partner of choice for more than 1,500 financial institutions worldwide. The rich variety of solutions, the strength of our conviction and passion for innovation enable us to support clients on a daily basis and in their future projects, as well as in their goals regarding financial inclusion. SBS customers, based in over 80 countries around the world, benefit every day from our technologies and software, as well as the expertise of our 5,000 employees. Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development with more than 46,000 employees.
Within SBS, the NEO Global Business Unit is in charge of developing, commercializing and operating the Digital Banking Suite (DBS), ie. the front-end customer-facing engagement products (web, mobile, other digital channels).
NEO is one of the most strategic initiatives of SBS and thus will benefit from a very substantial program of investments in the next few years. We are looking for a product designer with mixed visual and UX experience to work within a product squad. Product designers work on both the presentation and interactivity of a product.
As a product designer you will create a great user experience by developing and understanding end users' problems and designing approaches to address those issues. You will collaborate with the product owner and manager, central design team and other stakeholders to better understand the problem the product is trying to solve; and better solve end users' problems.
A product designer’s work has a big impact on our products and on evangelising design in our organisation.
On a daily basis you will:
- Specialise in a product area associated with the Squad and work closely with engineers and product managers and the senior product designer to support in defining both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for that product
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Plan & deliver designs — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, or designs — focus on what you do best first, and you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with other designers, product managers, product marketing, product owners, and other key stakeholders to ensure product releases scope is well defined and clear
- Plan & conduct rapid research, competitive analysis where applicable to better understand certain situations or better solve problems
- Collaborate with central user research team (part of central design team) when extensive user research is required
- Plan & conduct rapid tests for intuitivity & experience
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the company leadership & key stakeholders in design, product management, marketing, and engineering
- Collaborate with central design team to develop and expand product design systems
We’re interested in hearing from you, if:
- You are a strong practitioner
- You have designed for platform products before—preferably in the financial services space
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to deliver effectively
- You have experience designing and delivering complex products
- You have experience balancing creative / analytical design goals and making product and design trade-offs
- You have an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You have worked with multi-disciplinary design teams
- You have worked with design systems and their use in a fast-paced product delivery environment
- You take direction and feedback well and incorporate it into your daily routine
- You have a good understanding of lean and agile methodologies
- 1-3 years as a product designer or equivalent in a fast-paced product design environment
- Design-related degree or ability to show how other degree relates to role
- You are eager to understand our organisation using design to solve customer and business problems
- Experience with Miro, Figma, Zeroheight, Protopie, Axure, Optimal Workshop, Lookback, Adobe CC
- You are fluent in another language: French, German, or Arabic
Call JOSEPHINE TIPPETT
at the number: 00971564040903